One of the main objectives of AM Foundation is to make quality health care accessible to vulnerable communities. Primary Health Care Centres (PHCCs) are one of our many initiatives towards this end. These PHCCs are our way of building health-care infrastructure that is sustainable and will foster well-being and healthy living among the community at large.
Since their inception, the PHCCs have helped patients to receive treatment for minor ailments close to their homes. They have also helped to educate communities and raise awareness on personal hygiene, safe water usage and the importance of maintaining good sanitary conditions.
The PHCCs are equipped to fulfil basic healthcare needs, such as:
- Responding to out-patient visits
- Organising health education and awareness programmes
- Carrying out immunisation programmes in partnership with the local UPHC
- Coordination with integrated child development schemes
- Other services such as maternal and child health development programmes and school health programmes